Celtic Candles was established in 1993 by James and Gerry Stewart, a father and son team who have a passion for producing best quality products made in Ireland. Celtic Candles is a family run Irish business. We welcome you to try any of their products Listed on our Website and you can choose from our vast array of scented candles for your home. Celtic Candles guarantee to offer the best quality and value for money candles the market. All Celtic Candles come with a guaranteed burning time. They will also burn cleanly with minimal to no waste. Please follow the instructions.
How to Burn a Candle to get the best out of it:
Burn your candle for longer periods, especially wider candles; the heat must be given time to reach the walls of the candle to maximize its burn. If a candle of 100 mm is burned for 2-3 hrs at a time it may tunnel (the candle wax will be wasted around the edge and only part of the candle will be burned). This will cut down the burning time dramatically. General rule would be 70 mm Candles should burn 3 hrs, 80 mm should burn 4 hrs and 100 mm 6-8 hours i.e., don’t burn for less than this.
Here you find also a few safety tips to keep candles safe in your home.
- Always burn candles out of reach of children and animals.
- Place all burning candles at least 10 cm from each other to avoid melting of wax.
- Never burn a candle on a flammable surface or near flammable materials
- Never leave a burning candle unattended.
- Never leave a burning candle near a draft as this will cause the candle to burn quicker while also causing it to drip or smoke.
- Place all candles in an upright position, candles on a slant can smoke or drip.
- Never burn candles beside a tilted wall or too close to any wall.
- Remember to trim the wick of the candle to about 1 cm before each burn.
- Do not move a burning candle.
- Do not burn a candle for more than 4 hours at a time.
- Always extinguish candles at 1/4” (5 mm) before it ends to avoid overheating because if this is not done it can cause the glass to crack.